Hunting for shoes!
Day Four:
Looking back on today it seems like it flew by, but earlier I felt as if it were dragging on forever. That's probably because of the heat though!
This morning, I woke up.. sort of fell back asleep and then eventually got out of bed to get ready (took me long enough). This girl is not an early riser.. The only plans we really planned for today was to go on base to the BX and commissary. We went to the BX first and holy crap.. it was HUGE. I've never seen a BX/PX that big in all of my little military child life! haha. I regret not taking a picture for you guys. The BX usually isn't anything extravagant at all.. it's like a small target.. (and not the super one haha). But this one.. oh boy! When you walked in there was a food court with about 6 AMERICAN food places.. and tons of airmen & soldiers. Felt like a little piece of home to me (: There were several shops in the hallway before you entered the actual BX, like a spa, furniture store, a trinket store, a harley davidson store, and many others. There was even a car dealership outside, y'all! LOL. The BX itself was huge, though. Usually the clothes are just some random brands but this one had everything from Victorias Secret PINK to Miss Me and Roxy. I fell in love. haha. There was even furniture and.. well just about everything you could ever need in there. I'll definitely be going back there..
We shopped for a couple hours and then got some food in the food court.. while we were eating apparently my brother in law had just gotten off work and went to shop at the BX and ran into us.. lol. That was pretty cool.. small world huh? I only know about 5 people in this country (lol) but I run into one of them at a random place!
After lunch we went to the commissary to get some groceries and things that are cheaper on base than off. We brought everything home and relaxed for about half an hour and then headed out the door again.
This time we were on the hunt for some birkenstocks I want. They're everywhere here in Germany & super cheap, too.. but the style I want seems impossible to find.. lol.
These are what they look like, in case you have no idea what I'm talking about..
![]() |
| They're the most comfortable shoe ever! They have a footbed.. it's like a bed for your feet! haha (: |
After we looked at about 4 different stores we stopped so my mom could get coffee and a sweet snack and I could get a drink, too. Then it was time to go pick my dad up from work..
only.. we were lost. LOL
We had no idea what the address to his work was and we had no idea where we were either... As I was trying to think of a "point of interest" to put in the GPS my mom was just driving down a random road and all of a sudden we were right around the corner from my dads work..
How that happened.. we don't know.
(Thanks Jesus, you really did us a favor.. dad may have been a little cranky if he had to wait too long in his hot office!)
We picked dad up, actually about 2 hours ago, and we've just been hanging out in the nice cool apartment.. LOL. They don't have AC in Germany cause it usually doesn't get that hot.. I thought I'd die without it.. but who knew the power of a fan? lol. We crack the windows in the morning and at night and leave the fan on all day, and when we come home from being all hot and worn out.. it feels just like the AC has been on. (:
Germans also don't use ice.. so when you go to a restaurant and order a drink, they don't give you ice. How weird is that? It takes some getting used to. Usually the drinks are cold though.. good thing! haha.
It's so cool being in a different country and seeing how the people live. This summer we already have plans to go to Paris and a few other places. I look forward to that.. and also seeing some world war two memoirs and concentration camps..
I really can't believe it's already been four days! I know that time is going to fly by, so i'm enjoying every minute I can. Tomorrow my mom is going to let my dad take the car to work so she won't have to wake up at 6am to take him. We'll sleep in and relax a bit. Maybe there's something in walking distance to do. I'm totally okay with a day inside though.. It gets hot when the sun comes out! haha
Anyway, I'm sort of just rambling on now.. and I can smell the spaghetti that mom is cooking..
and i'm sure whoever is reading this is bored by now.. lol (sorry guys!)
I'll post tomorrow & I promise I won't make it so long!
LOL
Auf Wiedersehen! (:
(Pronounced: Off Ve-De-Sane & it means see you later)
<3


No comments:
Post a Comment