About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Day Ten: Summer Livin'

Memorial Day & Pfingsten 

Day Ten:

Before I say anything about my day I'd like to take the time to talk about the importance of today. As everyone knows it's memorial day... this day means so much more to me than just another holiday to host a barbecue. 


Is this not perfect?
People always seem to forget the true meaning of the best holidays.

Memorial day is a day in which we should remember the fallen soldiers, the soldiers that suffered through war overseas for our freedom, the soldiers that have served us stateside, and the ones that are doing so now. Sure everyone says they're thankful, but to a military child, it means so much more. My great grandfathers, grandfather, father, brother, and brother-in-law have all served in numerous wars. Thankfully they all survived, but deployment is no joke. My family members didn't get summer vacation or certain holidays off unless they took time off, because they earned it. Being in the military, whether it's army, navy, marines, coast guard, national guard, air force, or any other service.. is not an easy job. I'm thankful every day for what these men & women do for me, but today, I'd just like to acknowledge that. (:

So.. PawPaw Petty, PawPaw, Dad, Bobby, Ryan, and any others I may have accidentally left off of this list..



Today was also Pfingsten in Germany. This holiday represents the pentecost & is the 50th day after Easter. I believe it has to do with how languages came about but i'm not 100% sure... 


Since it was a holiday today everything was closed. When we woke up there was nothing to do. My dad was dying of boredom and finally just said "y'all find something to do and let's go do it". haha
We ended up going over to Ryans house and we barbecued some ribs & steak and then watched a couple of movies. (if you haven't seen the movie grey, i recommend it) 

After that we came home & now we're just chill in & relaxing. (:

That's really it for today, though we didn't do much it was a pretty good day. (:




No comments:

Post a Comment