The Weekend
"German men sit when they pee?!"
Day Six:
Hmm, I've been gone all weekend which is why I didn't get a chance to blog & am now combining three days into one. I guess day six was Friday. I woke up at 7am since mom decided to rearrange furniture -_- lol. She dropped dad off at work, we got ready & went back to the shops downtown since I had to return a shirt cause it had a stupid hole in the side :( anddd...
I GOT MY BIRKENSTOCKS(:
yaaaayyy!
We picked dad up from work, and had brautwurst for dinner and a few left overs. We also watched that new show duets.. didn't really seem like a hit, but it was only the first episode, so we'll see! (:
That was about it for friday. (:
Day Seven:
Yesterday we woke up, got ready, & packed to go spend the night with my moms childhood best friend, Gabi. We loaded up in the car for the two hour trip and hit the autobahn. woo hoooo! (: When we got there they had already started grilling out. They had brautwurst, ribs, steak, and a few other choices too. I've learned that Germans LOVE to eat! haha. We had dinner & then the crazy germans started drinking. Another thing I've learned is that germans love their beer & alcohol. haha They thought it was a little odd that I didn't drink or smoke because in Germany you used to be able to drink at 14 but it just moved up to 18.. LOL.
With drunken Germans comes crazy conversations.. which is where my title came from..
APPARENTLY German men sit down when they pee at home because they don't want to make a mess.. LOL. The unspoken rule in Germany is that if the man wants to stand while he pees he has the duty of cleaning the bathroom, if he doesn't want to clean.. well, he sits. LOL.
Thought y'all might enjoy that weird little fun fact. haha.
Around 10 I went to bed while the Germans partied on. Dad and Mom followed shortly after.
Day Eight:
That's today! (:
We woke up and went downstairs to talk to everyone for a little while. After we showered and got all clean we had lunch, which was left overs from last night since there was so much food and some weird german sausage lol. A couple hours we had cake and coffee..
this cake.. was different.
The whole reason we went down there was because it was Gabi's boyfriends birthday. This is the birthday cake for the old German man...
| ... there are no words for this. I'm saving you guys but showing you the cake with the bikini still on... YES.. it was removable.. -_- |
The cake tasted nothing like an american cake.. lol. I was a little bit tired after lunch so this is how I spent my last few minutes at Gabi's..
| Seriously, talk about perfection. NOTE my new birkenstocks(: |
We left, hit the autobahn once again, & now we're at the house(:
Maybe for dinner we'll go the the little Italian place or something.
Hope you guys had a good weekend!
OH, & I learned a new german word this weekend too!
Urlaub (oo-lop): it means holiday! (:
I was trying to explain to someone that I was on a 3 month vacation & he taught me this! lol

No comments:
Post a Comment