Snap back to reality
Day Ten:
Ahh such a good day(:
However it started out a bit.. well you'll see what I mean.
When I woke up I thought my mom was gone still (from dropping my dad off at work) but instead she went back to sleep and had woken up around the same time as I did(: Dad called & said we had to pick him up from work at 10:30 to go take care of a couple things at the new house.
On our way to pick up dad, while we were on the autobahn, all of a sudden the speed limit slowed down to 80km & there was traffic in the right lane. Of course we got over in attempt to pass everyone up when a truck driver started waving his hand out of his window. I asked my mom why he was doing that and she said she had no idea.. and then we saw it.
Some poor soldier was riding his motorcycle.. well crotchrocket.. on the autobahn & apparently, something went wrong & he wrecked. All we saw was the guy laying on the side of the road holding his head and sort of rocking back and forth right next to his totaled bike. :( Another soldier stopped to help him as well as another civilian. I felt so bad for the guy.
Kinda makes you snap back to reality, huh?
After we got through that we picked dad up & headed to the new house. Of course the GPS took us through the scenic route.. lol. We finally got there and let me just say.. the house is amazing!
It's soooo big & nice. Three stories, with a whole separate apartment downstairs.. also the biggest backyard I've ever seen! lol. I'm so excited to move into it. (:
We had lunch afterwards, dropped dad back off at work, ran a few errands which included: going to the bx, a garden store, a store similar to lowes, another store similar to best buy, a leather furniture store, a coffee place, and back to base to pick up dad.
When we got back to the apartment, mom couldn't find the keys. We searched everywhere in the car and they were nowhere to be found. We had to buzz the landlord to let us inside and when she did her daughter handed us our keys. Before we left this morning mom took our paper trash out while she waited for me to come downstairs.. turns out she accidentally threw them away, too. Thankfully another renter here had to throw some away, before it was picked up, and she saw our keys and grabbed them.
Whew.
When we got back home, as usual, I checked my messages and Facebook. Only tonight on Facebook, a friend of mine posted something terribly sad. :( His dad, an amazing sweet man, passed away from cancer. He's in a better place now, and not suffering, but it just seems too soon. It's crazy how quickly life can end.
Cherish every minute of it.
Rest in peace Mr. Smith.
We were all full from lunch so we had a small dinner tonight. Then we facetimed my sister, watched a little bit of tv, and just hung out. Mom isn't taking dad to work tomorrow so I can afford to stay up a little later tonight to read my new book(:
I hope everyone is having a good summer(:
I'll post again, tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment