About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day Two: Summer Livin'

Lazy day with a little bit of exploration.

Day Two:

I woke up this morning around 11am.. obviously I was still a bit worn out. Usually Dad works during the week but today he only had a meeting. I showered, got ready, did some laundry, and then went on a walk with my mom and our dog Bella(: When my dad got home we went to the store to get a few things. I was expecting a grocery store but it was more of a mall type thing. When you walked into the building there were clothing stores, a pharmacy, and a restaurant and food court. Then the main part of the building was the grocery store. Before shopping we stopped to get food since we hadn't eaten. We each got a bratwurst with pomas. (those are french fries, i'm learning y'all!)

After we ate, we walked back to the grocery part of the store. We bought a few things there, mainly coke, water, and sprite.. since those are the only American drinks they really have. We bought a couple other things too, for my mom to cook & whatnot. (: 

We left the store, hit the autobahn (WHICH I AM IN LOVEEEE WITH!) and headed home. I didn't realize it was already 3! We relaxed for a few hours, and I fell asleep because I developed a bad headache. Mom woke me up for dinner.. she made more bratwurst since the ones at lunch apparently sucked. I wouldn't know since I never eat that.. haha It tasted fine to me. Hers was obviously better though! Chef Mommy(: 

After dinner, we watched a little bit of TV, and mom made me a bowl of German ice cream. FREAKIN' DELICIOUS. If you ever get the chance.. get some! Best I ever had haha. Mom and Dad were getting sleepy so they headed to bed soon after. Now it's midnight and just as mom said.. I'm unable to sleep since I took a nap.. teehee. I'm watching music videos on TV since they only have about 10 american channels. Not like we watch that much TV anyway. Why would we when there is so much to see, here?! 

So many things here are much different, the roads, the things in the stores, and the food. It's weird getting used to it all, but it's exciting too. I can't wait to see everything here, and travel some more. I hope I learn a lot, too.. kinda sucks having no idea what any of the signs and billboards say or even worse, what people are saying! lol Good thing I have my mom to translate every single thing.. she probably loves that. LOL.

It's only been two days and I am already having an amazing summer. (:


I should probably try to sleep now since i have another long day ahead of me.. 
Guten Nacht.. 


or however you spell that.. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment