About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Days 48, 49, & 50: Summer Livin'

Days Forty Eight, Forty Nine, and Fifty:

A bunch of days crammed into one post(:

Nothing much has happened over the past few days, so instead of posting a few shot blogs I figured I would post one blog covering all three days! 

Day forty eight was on the sixth, the day after dad's birthday. When we woke up that morning mom was feeling really sick. The night before, after dinner, she was saying that she wasn't feeling well but we figured it was just something she ate. Mom was miserable, she couldn't do anything without being in pain. Usually when mom is sick, she still manages to vacuum the house, or clean the windows, or something crazy like that... nothing ever stops her. So when we saw how helpless she was that morning, we knew something was wrong. My sister and I tried to persuade her to call the doctor, but stubborn little mom just wanted to wait it out until monday. Finally dad called and convinced her to call the doctor. The doctor just said that if it gets worse, to go to the ER and they would call him in. After a couple hours mom finally decided to go to the ER. (It wasn't necessarily that drastic, but there are no primary doctors here at this hospital so you must go to the ER first.) They checked her in, called the nurse in to look at her, and then called her doctor. Since she hadn't eaten anything, the doctor decided to go ahead and do surgery that night. Dad came to the hospital straight after work. I won't go too much into details, for my mom's sake. (nobody wants all their information floating around the internet..) The pain was caused by some unknown (for now) bacteria, infection, or something of the sort, near her expander, so they went ahead and removed it for now. She recently overcame breast cancer, and ever since she's been on this roller coaster ride with this deal, poor mommy. We think that this time around she will kick this thing once and for all. 

Who's the real patient here? haha




The other two days we've just been hanging out with mom in her hospital room. What a small room it was. She had to share her room with another lady that had a kidney stone removed. She also had visitors in and out, so the room got pretty full. Her roommate also caused mom a couple problems at night. When mom tried to sleep the nurses would come in for the roommate and turn on all the lights and talk loud. Eventually mom asked her nurse to move her rooms and finally, last night, mom got moved. 

Whenever we were at home, dad, amanda, and I just hung around, watched TV, and played words with friends together.. haha. I miss mom's cooking. lol. The other night we walked down near the neighborhood swimming pool because they were having a fest, it sucked though, so we left. lol


Kickin' my sister's butt..
as always :p


Yesterday after I left the hospital, I met up with a women who had the book I needed for my online class and bought it from her. I got really lucky because none of the rental websites I usually order from wanted to ship APO. Thank God. (:

My online class starts today. After spending near $300 on it, I better make an A! Now I'm sitting in mom's hospital room with her & my sister, typing up my blog and getting ready to start reading the first chapter of my textbook.. Oh how I despise reading textbooks.. 

I'm gonna jump off of here, now. 

Hope everyone has a good day(:
& please say a quick prayer for my mom. 

Thanks, y'all!

SamanthaK


No comments:

Post a Comment