Internet & Update!
Day Forty Five:
Man oh man has it been a while? Well after doing some math I figured out that today is day forty five in Germany! The days have flown by! We weren't expecting internet for another three days, but we got lucky and it came early! THANK THE LORD.
Apparently it takes FOREVER to install internet in Germany. They told us to expect for it to take two to three weeks.. those few weeks quickly turned into SIX. A few days ago we received a package in the mail with our router in it. They said that we would get a phone call telling us when our line was open and then we would have internet. We never received the phone call, but when dad came home from work today he said that the company took money out of the account.. so we thought we'd try to turn on the internet and luckily it worked!
That was a couple hours ago.. now everyone in the house is sitting around with some sort of bright screen in front of their face.. LOL.
You really don't see how much you depend on the internet until you don't have it anymore. It was pretty difficult since we moved into a new town. We couldn't use google to find certain things around us, couldn't pay bills online (not that I do.. LOL), connect with our friends back home.. or anything. The library definitely became one of our best friends.. though it was quite inconvenient.
I'm just so thankful we have it back! :D
As for an update, not much has changed around here. Our house finally looks like a home.. though our landlord won't allow us to install curtain rods.. (what the heck?). Lately we've just been exploring the town, doing a little bit of shopping, and hanging out with each other playing games. I'm about to start taking a course online through CTC to get some extra credits, and to fill up my time. (:
I guess I can talk about my day a little bit, too. This morning my sister, mom, and I got ready and went to the library on Vogelweh to check our emails, and then we went to the Globus (grocery store) to buy a few things. Then we went downtown since my preggo sister was craving ice cream.. haha. (:
| Sister laughing when she was eating her ice cream(: haha |
| Silly mom, eating her raspberry ice cream(: |
| My spaghetti ice(: It looks like spaghetti! (: haha SOOO yummy! |
After that, we went to the recycling center and then came home. Mom cooked chicken pasta for dinner, which was super yummyyyy. Me and my sister swept the street in front of the house afterwards. Germans and their silly rules... and then we came in and played a game for a while. Shortly after that we discovered the internet and that brings us to where we are now! haha.
Tomorrow is the fourth of july, so I imagine we'll go to Ramstein for the huge party they have on the base. Then the fifth is dad's birthday(:
That's about all I can think to update you guys on! Be on the lookout for my daily blogs again! (:
SamanthaK(:

No comments:
Post a Comment