Happy Birthday Daddy! (:
Day Forty Seven:
What a long day! Well, today was my
daddyo’s birthday! (: but of course, he had to work. (boooo) My mom, sister,
and I began our day by going up to Landstuhl for moms doctor checkup and to get
my sister registered. Afterwards we went to Ramstein to grab an early lunch and
do a little bit of shopping. I bought victoria’s secret lotion (since VS is cheaper
here – that’s a plus), and some chap stick since I lost mine. My sister bought
a baby swing for little landon. He should be here in about two months. :D
After we did that we went to the
commissary to pick up dad’s cake and a couple other things we needed. Well, I
stayed in the car and read my book. Lol. Then we went home to relax a little
and decorate the house for dad. We wrapped our gifts, cleaned the house a
little bit, and hung up all the ribbons and banners for him. In the mean time I
decided to look online for the textbook I’ll need for my online class. Usually
I rent my text books since it saves so much money, but after searching forever,
it appears that nobody ships to APO. Well, no rental text books. Which means,
I’ll have to pay near $100 for the dumb textbook. College can be so expensive.
Thank God for my Dad’s GI Bill or I’d be covered in debt. I’m truly blessed. I
found one posting on bookoo here (a website for military people trying to sell
their things before they PCS) that said they had the book I need, however it’s
an earlier edition. It’s a history class.. so I’m thinking not much can change,
right? I plan on asking my professor if a different version book would affect
anything.. but hopefully I can just get that one. It sure would make my life
easier. LOL
Anyway, after a hot and humid day, the
skies started to get dark. It sprinkled a little bit right before we got home,
but we thought that’s all we would see. Not even five minutes after the
birthday boy got home, it started POURING down rain. I’m talkin’ the works...
super strong wind, crazy rain, lots of fog, and loud thunder followed by bright
lightning. We always leave the windows cracked a tiny bit but since it was so
bad we had to shut all of them, the wind even knocked down a curtain rod! The
storm ended up only lasting about five minutes or so, though. I’m glad it
passed so quickly.
Once it was over we all jumped in the
car to go out for dads birthday dinner. We decided to try out a restaurant by
our local swimming pool. When we read the menu right outside the doors, dad
decided there wasn’t anything appealing to eat, so then we went to another
place fairly close called the swan! There wasn’t a huge selection, but we were
hungry and just wanted to sit down. We all ordered schnitzel, except for my
sister who ordered spaghetti haha.
After dinner, we came home so dad
could open his presents.. but not before singing happy birthday. (: I snapped a
couple pictures of the whole process. My sister got him a couple nice work
shirts, I got him a Harley shirt with cut off sleeves (I’m workin’ with a
college budget.. don’t judge), and mom out did us both with a new pair of
oakleys. He seemed pretty happy with all his gifts. I’m glad I got to spend his
birthday with him this year, there’s no telling how often that’ll happen as I
start to grow up and get my life going. Once he opened the gifts we cut the
cake (we just had to try it).. it turned out pretty good, I don’t think any of
us are really big on birthday cake though. It always just ends up sitting in
the fridge for a while. I think we just don’t want to let the tradition go.
Maybe with my pregnant sister in the house the cake won’t last that long this
time. Landon is gonna come up loving chocolate cake! (:
| Dad's presents & cake (: |
| Blowing out the candles! |
| Reading one of his cards! |
After all that jazz, we all finally
started to wind down. Mom wasn’t feeling well so she took a shower and laid on
the couch for a while. I took a bath, as usual, and read for a while. My sister
knocked on the door and said my brother was on the phone. That was a pleasant
surprise. (: I talked to him for a while, and eventually I was the only one
still up. They all left me! Lol.
Now, I’m blogging it up, preparing to
get some shuteye. I’m so sleepy, who knows.. maybe I’ll actually sleep past 9
tomorrow! Let’s hope.
Besides, if I don’t quit blogging now,
I’ll fall asleep at the keyboard. Goodnight Y’all.
SamanthaK.

No comments:
Post a Comment