About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day SixtyTwo & SixtyThree: Summer Livin'

Days Sixty Two and Sixty Three:

My Weekend 

I hope everybody else's weekend was as eventful as mine was(:
I blogged on Friday, so this post will cover Saturday and today. 

Yesterday, I woke up and got ready for the day. We decided to drive out to saarbrucken to check eat at the german Hooters! It's only about thirty minutes away, so why not?! At first we couldn't find it cause it was a bit hidden, but after driving around for a little we finally got there. It was set up exactly like the ones in the states, most everything was the same. The menu was a little shorter, but they basically had it all. We didn't know if the wing sauce would be the same, but mom and dad tried it anyway. I played it safe and got a burger and my sister got a chicken sandwich. Though the restaurant seemed the same.. the food just wasn't hooters food. The fried pickles, which we were looking forward to, were disappointing. AND on top of that the meal cost $85. (Did I mention you don't get free refills here?)

After we ate at hooters we walked over to the mall. Unlike most shopping in Germany, this was a mall like the states have.. it was all indoors! We walked around for a little while (it was nowhere near as big as the ones we are used to) and then left. 

Dad had mentioned earlier in the week that he spotted an outlet mall, just like back home, so we decided to try that out. It was literally JUST like every other outlet mall! Of course, some of the stores were different but they had the major stores like Nike, Levi, Adidas, Ralph Lauren, and the others. 
While we were walking through, it started to rain and it was cold, so we made our way back to the car. 

When we got home we all split up for a little bit. We all wanted to do our own thing. I started working on my essay for my history exam. This girlllll made an A on her first set of assignments, whatsupppp?!

We were all full from lunch so for dinner we just made sandwiches. (:

Today started out as a lazy day. All of the businesses were closed so there's really nothing to do. It was the end of the day that brought the excitement. For dinner mom made chicken cordon bleu. Afterwards, my parents and I decided to talk bella on a walk through the woods behind our house. 

(heres where the fun comes in)

There's a large field in between the tree line behind our house and our backyard. Sometimes in the field we see deer and foxes (: We heard there are some pretty cool trails back there so we decided to go on a little adventure. 

We left the house and started to walk through the field. Almost immediately we saw.. some creature? It looked like a fox but it definitely wasn't.. i'm just glad we only saw that thing once.. Bella looked like a little bunny rabbit, running and pouncing through the field. She LOVED it. We got onto a trail pretty quick, and followed it for a while. Eventually we could hear the water running from the stream nearby. We followed our ears & WALLAH we found it. 

The trail through the woods was so pretty! There were benches along the way and little bridges crossing the water. In the states you'd have to travel to Yosemite National Park or something to experience what we did. It's a lot cooler down by the water, too. We let bella off the leash, and she ran free! She loved it down there. 

Along the way we found some really weird rock looking things..  we later found out that they were castle ruins. I mean, how cool is that? Right behind our house! Dad walked up some stairs, we stayed lower though. We continued walking through the woods and then met up with him at a restaurant that the paths link up at. (I'll note here that the restaurant is half a mile.. the short non-scenic route lol)

Walking through was.. nice.. peaceful.. calming.. gorgeous.. quiet.. (all of those types of words.. and then some)

Now the way back..

THAT IS A DIFFERENT STORY.

In case you don't already know, let me just tell you.. our house, is on the tippy top of the highest hill in our little tiny german town. LOL.

As we started to make our way back it wasn't so bad. It was about 9:10.. and it doesn't get dark here until about 10:15, so it was still fairly light out. We began walking back the same way we came.. 
However, with the tall trees covering up the little bit of sunshine it was a bit dark. 

Little did I know.. with darkness comes BATS. 
Yeah, thats right.. i said it.. BATS. 

Those creepy little flying creatures. 

Let me tell you, I do not think those things like humans. When we were walking back dad said, "Oh wow, look a bat." I'm thinking.. oh thats cool.. (this would be cool had it only been one little guy)

NO. 

They were EVERYWHERE..  
though that freaked me out, I probably could've dealt with that.. had one not dove down right next to my head! I really think that thing was trying to eat me.. 

or convert me to some sort of vampire... :o (LOL)

I screamed. Mom sprinted. Dad Laughed. 

Of course, the stairs we had to take back up to the main road were about as steep as mount freaking everest. Seriously, almost died y'all. 

We made it to the top of the road.. Only to find ourselves on the steep road that leads us up to our house.. STILL not close. lol.

From this point on the roads got steeper. As dramatic as the post seems, this part has no exaggeration.. SO STEEP. haha.. If i didn't die while I was walking up the previous stairs, I was sure I was going to die going up these.. 

How my little dog still had energy to walk after she sprinted all over the woods, is beyond me. 
Ball of energy. Literally. 

I think the only reason I made it up that hill is because I saw jesus near the light at the top..

Fo Real.

We finally reached the top of the hills. Then we climbed up another set of stairs, walked down the road a tiny bit and FINALLY made it home.

WE SURVIVED.
Boy, that was an adventure.
I'd do it all over again.. but I will NEVER.. take the same route back that we did.. and I will NEVER walk through the evil bats territory every again while they're awake. 

I enjoy being alive. So sorry to the bats I made angry.


I took a bunch of pictures so you guys could see how gorgeous it was! 
Enjoy them (: 
Thanks for reading! 

SamanthaK<3



Daddy walking through the woods!

Some really weird rocks we saw. They're HUGE and EVERYWHERE!

Mom & Dad walking!

Just a picture of the water. 

Mom feeling the water.. BRRRR.

A bench and table we found - so cute. 

Looking up at the trees.

Another view looking up. 

Mom and Dad(:

The trail we went on. (:
before we died. 

Dad was standing next to the castle ruins we found. 

Explorer Dad(:

My parents walking up to the Gazebo near the creek.  
A picture of the creek. 

Some swans in the pond at the restaurant where we
linked up with dad after we split up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment