About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day Seventeen: Summer Livin'

& the move begins!

Day Seventeen:

Talk about a crazy day. The big move! 
Let's seeee... I woke up at 7:52am.. the plan was for me to wake up at 8 to get ready to help mom and dad pack & move.. but mom came in a little early to get me up. It may not seem like a big difference.. but those eight minutes are a BIG deal, y'all! Dad was already bringing a load to the new house, while I got ready. Once I was ready, dad had already come back for another load. This time I went with him because we were expecting furniture people at the new house and somebody had to be there in order for them to deliver. On the way up to the house, we saw a furniture truck pass by & we could've sworn we missed our delivery.. however, as soon as we pulled up to the house.. so did the truck! (Thank god.. they had my bed! LOL)

We unloaded, and let the furniture guys set up everything they had. Dad left, and a couple minutes later mom showed up with another load! (: She left to go get the last load & to pick up lunch while I waited on dad. He showed up & then my uncle sent his workers from his waterbed company to drop off a waterbed we ordered, some storage cabinets, and a couch. 

It may not seem like it took that long, but by the time we were finished it was about 3pm. (The drive from the apartment to our house is about 30 minutes..) After we ate, we relaxed for a while & I took a nap in my new bed. 

Mom made pizza for dinner, which was super yummy. After our tummys were full, we were all ready for a hot shower & bed.. only, our water was cold.. 

the house is so high tech, apparently, the previous owners had something set to where the water heats up at night.. 

After playing with it for about 10 minutes, and waiting a couple hours, we had hot water! I took a bath in the amazing tub & read my book for a while! The bath tubs here are long & deep, not like the little tiny american ones! haha. After that I passed out & so did mom and dad! 

Boy were we tired! 

& thankful to be in the new house, finally! 

No comments:

Post a Comment