About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day Eighteen: Summer Livin'


The first day in the house! (:

Day Eighteen:


Today was a good day(: Who knew you could actually have a good day without tv & internet.. in a way, it’s sort of peaceful! Dad went back to work, and me and mom had the day to ourselves.

Here in Germany, on the windows you have these… blind type things, on the outside of the windows. Rouladen. At night, you press a button, and they all drop down & shut, so nobody can look in (or out) of the room. It’s a way to block the sun out & give you a little privacy. Basically they’re heavy duty blinds/shutters. ANYWAY. When you shut them & turn the lights off.. the room is pitch black.. which explains why at 10am this morning, I thought it was 6! LOL. I could’ve easily slept until 12! I love it! Haha.


So I got up at 10, went upstairs and talked to mom for a little bit & then got ready. Around 12 we took bella & went exploring around our new town. We walked all around the neighbor hood, down the road to the information center & then to the bakery. After we went to the bakery we walked down a few more streets & went to the “castle park” which was gorgeous. It’s a real pretty set up behind a castle here in trippstadt. There’s walking trails leading into the forest and there are benches, a fountain, and huge trees. I should’ve taken a picture.. After we walked around there for a short bit we headed back up the road to the house.

It’s been so cold the past few days.. it even rained a little yesterday. The weather was nice today, though. The wind was cold, but in the sun it felt so good! (: We sat outside in the backyard for a while playing with bella & enjoying our gorgeous view!


Mom & I ate what we got from the bakery, and played yahtzee for a while. After that I sort of just hung around while mom began cooking. When dad got home we had dinner ready.. ribs, fries, & peas. (: soooo good!


After dinner, mom and I played uno while dad got his things ready for work. He’s leaving town for a couple days. :(

Tomorrow, the satellite man is coming so we will finally have tv. (woo hoo, something more to do!) Then mom and I will run a few errands and go on base. Hopefully we’ll stop into the bowling alley, coffee shop, or library.. since they have wifi! Ahha.


I relaxed for a while by taking a hot bath in the amazing tub! Lol. It’s so deep & long so you can actually stretch out.. not like the puny American tubs! I read for a while and now I’m going to sleeeeep! (:

GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment