About Me

My photo
I'm just a young college student living my life & writing it down.. one day at a time! I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as i enjoy writing it(: Let me know if you have suggestions & if you blog as well!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Random Feelings

I haven't blogged in a while, mainly because I've been busy with school and getting back into the groove of things, but today I just feel so strongly that I need to blog.

Many of you know today is september 11th.. and in the past years I take this day to remember the fallen heroes, and pray for the people suffering from loss.. but this year, today is so much more emotional for me.

Maybe it's because I'm older and I can appreciate things like these better, or maybe it's just because I'm maturing.. I'm not too sure, but I just need to write some things down and let some feelings out.

So many people back in 2001 lost their lives, just for being in the wrong place and the wrong time. Many others lost their lives because they were being good citizens and trying to help out. I just can't get over how somebody out there can do something so evil. It's ridiculous. The world is SO messed up.

I mean with all the shootings lately, and the evil things happening daily, it makes me worry about society. This past weekend my friend came to visit me. We had spent the day shopping, eating lunch, and enjoying each others company.. but on the way home, I noticed something on the side of the road. A large black lump. A firetruck was stopped on the road and a cop was slowly driving up. I then realized it was a woman, naked, wrapped in a black blanket. It looked as if she was crying, and slouching over as if she had been hurt. My immediate thought was that she was raped.. and that thought could be wrong, but for whatever reason that poor woman was on the side of the road, obviously hurt, clothed in nothing but a blanket. I don't care what bad things she may have done in her life, she did not deserve that. 

It just breaks my heart that so many evil things are happening now a days. What happened to society? We shouldn't have to be afraid for young children to play in the streets at night time.. yet we do. 

It also just makes me sad that while I'm enjoying life others are terrified for their lives, or struggling. It makes me appreciate what I have, but it also makes me sad.

I guess all these thoughts are just triggered by the date, today. 

A facebook friend posted a status today that really hit home, he said: 

Today at work something amazing happened...as I was leaving I saw a man in a wheelchair wearing a fire fighter 9/11 memorial hat, I stopped and aasked him if there was anything I could do to help him, he said he was just looking around and we started talking and it naturally went to 9/11 and I asked him if he was there because of his hat...I looked into his eyes and I could see tears, he told me both him and his brother were..He told me his brother was one of the first responding untis on the scene. He said as the north tower fell his brother was still inside, days and days passed by before they found his brother but by the time he was found he had passed away... He pulled out his wallet and showed me a picture of his brother 2weeks before it happened and the mans voice started to choke up. I stood there and looked at the pic for a few minutes and I asked did you lose your legs that day aswell? He said no and looked into my eyes...I saw a passion in his eyes ive never seen in another mans eyes...He had vowed to protect his country and his family anyway he could and to honor his brother so he joined the army... He was then shipped to afghanstan 2 years after enlisting and was in a mountain valley when his unit was ambushed by al quada, he had taken a good blast by a grende and was paralized from the waist down. I told the man to wait there for a few mins and I would be back...I went to my manager and asked him if I could get the man a meal and have it charged to my account from my first check and he told me yes. So I took the man upstairs and sat down and ate with him and listened to his stories about being over seas, he showed me pics of his brothers little boy, girl and wife and also his own family he also showed me his brothers memorial in his front yard. We finished up and I helped the man to the front doors and helped him to his truck, shook his hand and told him thank you for your service and he told me "no thank you for being an american I just did my job in protecting your freedoms" he saluted me and drove away....im so glad I meet that american hero today and stopped and talked to him..."

I'm not real emotional, but this made me tear up and it gave me chills. This man has gone through so much, put his life on the line for my freedom, and was injured.. yet he still is grateful and happy just to be able to live his life.

I absolutely LOVE that there are people like him in this world. I strive to be like him. Instead when I have a bad day, I'm usually "mad at the world." People like him make me want to be a better person, and I'm working on that everyday. 

There's so many mixed emotions. I'm sad when I think about the bad things happening in the world, I'm happy that there are people as appreciative as that old man, I'm determined to work on being a better person, and I am hopeful that the future doesn't get worse but gets better. 

I prayed a lot today, and I will continue to. I just feel like it shouldn't have taken such a serious day like this for me to realize thats what I need to be doing all the time. Just let go and let god. I'm extremely blessed and I almost feel as if I take that for granted sometimes. I pray regularly, but that's not enough. I always say I'll look for a church, but I have yet to do so.. and I need to do that, now. Quit making excuses and just do it. 

Today has been emotional, to say the least but I'm glad that something good is coming out of it. 


Thank you again to all the service men fighting for my freedom. 
Prayers to everyone grieving today.
& NEVER FORGET.
 9/11/2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment